Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Vanishing (1988)

SYNOPSIS: Saskia disappears at a gas station prompting her boyfriend to embark on a three year search for her until one day the Psycho Killer agrees to meet Rex and tell him everything that happened to her.
HIGHS: Rex smashes window with single slam displaying his Hulk-like strength. Psycho tries to pick up chicks "Can you help me hitch my trailer? I can't seem to do it by myself." Except the trailer is tiny. Confesses Psycho: My method was not so successful.
LOWS: Discussing strange names - Killer & Rex. In the French phone book there is a Mr. Poof. Who knew?
MEMORABLE LINES: Girl: Papa, do you have a mistress? At your age you're allowed. Psycho Killer: So I jumped. Call it a "slight" abnormality in my personality. (Slight?!?)

Sammy: 6/10
Johnny: 7/10

1 comment:

blair-witch-projector said...

movie bored me so bad! wish it would vanish. too realistic. a gagger. like someone didn't flush the toilet after a wretched deposit. i give it a 2 out of ten, and would someone light a goddam match! hey when the eff are you gonna review blair witch project??